Just a few contrarian bullets . . . thoughts, complaints, and predictions:
- When someone talks about their “personal brand,” I cringe. You have a reputation. You must manage it. But please don’t put on airs. You ain’t Pepsi.
- If someone trots out “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” one more time for grads, I’ll . . . well, I don’t know what.
- In what universe is marketing really “about the conversation?”
- Speaking of which, I trust sales people more than marketing people when it comes to advice. Sales people actually have to deliver.
- There are lots of blogs about how to blog. Why? What do they know?
- What’s wrong with newspapers: They have to fill space no matter what.
- What’s wrong with online news: No space or time limitations.
Got any to add?